To be “the chief” and maintain complete control of the kitchen, including being responsible for all food-related operations, including food served at restaurants, catering, functions and other assignments. To define food quality and plating concepts of food items and drives continuous improvement by directing the review and development of new recipes and work processes.
Food Quality and Compliances
- Responsible for overall quality of food prepared and served in all restaurants.
- To define food quality, portion, plating concepts and food items standards across organization.
- To lead the organisation’s in compliance to service, food hygiene, health and safety standards.
- Always ensure that a high level of cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene are maintained in all kitchens in compliance with MOE ’regulations.
- To design the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with adherence to the latest food and beverage safety standard and policies.
- To ensure all kitchen is compliance with Halal Certification compliance for food and beverage operations.
- To ensure the compliance with Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures at all time.
- Able to lead and perform Food and Beverage Quality Audit and Compliance.
- To adhere with any other legislative and regulatory compliance.
Research and Development
- To review and development of new recipes across organization.
- To lead and modify on existing recipes, ingredients and product development.
- To lead and review of existing work processes and procedures in accordance with process improvement review.
- To lead the R&D Chef and develop the continuous improvement strategies in line with organisation’s continuous goals and targets.
- Formulate strategies for continuous improvement and leverage on the emerging technologies to increase in productivity and innovation.
- To ensure a sustainable food production design, system and work process improvement implemented.
- To lead in any project management assigned and assist in creation new products line, menu and creations.
- Responsible for food cost-controls and inventory in all the Kitchens.
- Responsible for the food wastage, disposal, reduction and management in all Kitchens.
- Assess profitability and costs for overall food production operations.
- To lead in planning and set-up of kitchen of new restaurants, working with relevant parties on the kitchen layout, equipment selection, inventory etc.
- To assist in sourcing for quality ingredients, food production machinery, kitchen appliances, equipment and others kitchen accessories.
- Drive recruitment efforts based on projected manpower requirements and business needs
- Align the team’s learning and career development initiatives with organisation’s learning agenda
- Establish customer service standards for staff to drive organisation’s customer experience goals.
- To work closely with Marketing team on the latest promotion and activities.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities that assigned by the management.
- Minimum Diploma/ ITE / Secondary education with more than 10 years related working experience.
- Must possess a valid Follow Food and beverage safety and hygiene policies certification
- Must possess a conduct food and beverage hygiene audit certification.
- More than 10 years of experience in related food and beverage industry including culinary and management.
- Customer-centric and resourceful, able to lead and motivates the team to provide excellent customer service and ensures that the restaurant is always functioning properly.
- Must possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact well with supervisors, management, co-workers and customers.
- Min 3 years of experience as Food Hygiene Officer (FHO) in a food establishment
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package, benefits and career advancement.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.