- Assist the Chef De Cuisine in the operation of the kitchen. Supervise the kitchen team during the shift to attain efficiency and effectiveness in kitchen operations.
- Work closely with Chef De Cuisine on daily kitchen operation management.
- Ensure that new staff under training are taught the right processes abiding to the kitchen’s SOPs.
- Assist Chef De Cuisine in all aspects in the implementation of new, special and promotional menu items.
- Controlling and supervising the food preparation process
- Approving and polishing dishes before serving
- Supervising and working closely with other Chefs of all levels
- Assist in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes ensuring salability and quality, in lined with the management’s direction
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
- Being responsible for health and safety
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices
- Coordinate all orders and ensure that the kitchen crew fulfills the orders timely and orderly
- Ensure that all new staff are trained as per kitchen guidelines and SOPs in both skills and knowledge
- Ensure consistency and standard of quality of all food products
- Exercise cost controls by ensuring accurate portioning of food items, minimizing waste and proper inventory control
- Keep the kitchen’s labour cost within control through effective manpower planning
- Ensure that all schedules planned are fair and just
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is well taken care of and are maintained in good condition through the implementation of maintenance programs
- Enforce discipline and ensure proper conduct of all kitchen staff
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities that assigned by the management
- Minimum secondary education and/or any relevant culinary qualification
- Minimum 1 year in Kitchen Mid-Management
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package, benefits and career advancement.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.